On June 24, MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab will announce the winners of the 13th edition of Arab Startup Competition during a Virtual Conference & Award Ceremony, in partnership with Community Jameel (Main Partner), King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) (Innovation Partner), and Zain Group (Digital Partner).
This year's Startups Track semifinalists come from 11 different countries around the world (either with an Arab founder, or directly operating in the MENA). Also, all semifinalists have already received an intensive training module, which was conducted remotely by the team at KAUST and addressed various topics around resiliency, adapting to new market behavior, business model canvas, and more.
The semifinalists will pitch to the judges remotely, who will be determining the winners based on our long-standing judging criteria.
Meet the Startups Track semifinalists for the 13th edition of MITEF Arab Startup Competition:
- At Home Doc (Qatar): At Home Doc brings licensed doctors to your home in less than 90 minutes! At a push of a button, you get to choose the medical service you need on the mobile App, pin your location and your consultation starts right away with a call back from their triage nursing team.
- BeamBot (Lebanon): BeamBot is an intelligent video analytics platform that collects real-time video data and transforms it into actionable insights.
- Carbon Mobile GmbH (Germany): Carbon Mobile is the company leading the adoption of Sustainable High-Tech materials in personal electronics, making them lighter, thinner, stronger and more sustainable.
- Dalooni (Bahrain): Dalooni is a platform that connects businesses to a group of independent sales people that will refer/sell their products to friends & family using their regular communication channels for a commission. Dalooni "Uberized" Sales.
- Pravica (previously Dmails) (Egypt): A unified communication suite, meets the WEB 3.0 standards and utilizes Blockchain technology to empowering users privacy and security.
- Hayatech (Bahrain): Hayatech is a B2B, SAAS and connected hardware platform that aims to incentivize healthy behavioral change through leveraging gamification, wearables, and tokenized rewards, and seeks to offer a solution that incentivizes a healthy lifestyle, lowers corporate health costs, and enables wellness brands to build engagement with its users through a wellness rewards marketplace.
- IRIS Technologies (Tunisia) (Tunisia): IRIS Technologies is a Tunisian agritech startup that develops and integrates cutting edge HW/SW solutions with the mission to provide hive monitoring technology for beekeepers for better profitability, security and efficiency.
- Mruna (Lebanon) (Lebanon): Mruna proposes the development of a decentralized network of nature-based Waste water treatment systems that are remotely monitored by IoT devices and require minimal operational maintenance. It accomplishes both a technology and business model innovation that enables a pay-per-use model that will transform sanitation utilities in the same way solar and smart-grids have revolutionized energy utilities.
- paynas (Egypt): paynas is a cloud platform and service that provides hassle free banking, streamlined HR management, affordable medical insurance, and employee benefits tailored to the needs of SMEs.
- PointCheckout (UAE) (UAE): PointCheckout is a payment platform for loyalty points, combining the power of open banking and loyalty programs to allow members of loyalty platforms to earn and redeem their points at thousands of online stores and at POS level.
- Singularity Computing (Algeria) (Algeria): Singularity Computing is an innovative company that develops and provides software and cloud solutions in the areas of computational modeling, computer-aided engineering (CAE), engineering simulation, high performance computing (HPC) and engineering intelligence (EI)™.
- Soul Artists (UAE): Soul Artists is a revolutionary peer-to-peer talent booking platform connecting entertainers with audiences all around the world.
- sysGravity (Egypt): sysGravity focuses on Cyber Security and endpoints analytics. It has created its own platform (Trigger-it) that enables IT in any organization to monitor, control, secure and protect its endpoints (PCs, Laptops, VMs, Network devices, Cloud and mobile devices) in real-time and with ease.
- Tawazon (Palestine) (Palestine): Tawazon is the First Meditation, Mindfulness & Sleep App in Arabic worldwide. It seeks to improve the daily lives of the Arab person & families by providing daily, short, and scientifically proven meditation sessions.
- Trella (Egypt) (Egypt): Trella is a technology platform that connects shippers to carriers in the widely fragmented freight industry with a mission to induce structure with a goal of improving efficiency throughout the entire supply chain.
- Tulpar (Turkey) (Turkey): Tulpar provides self-repairing coating technology for preventing leakage of hydrocarbon storage vessels.
- Gradsgate (Jordan) (Jordan): Gradsgate is a white labeled alumni management software as a service (SaaS) for schools and universities; they help in building their alumni database
- Himitso (Jordan): Himitso is specialized in providing curriculum, tools and training to create a imagination building system that enables children to move from passive consumers to innovative producers.
- Fruits360 (KSA): fruits360 is a SaaS cloud-based analytical product that aims to provide retail businesses (currently restaurants and cafes) with easy access and real-time analytical reports via instant integration to a business’s Point of Sale Database in order to develop analysis and visualization that aims to decrease risks, increase revenue and enhance decision making.
- Telp (KSA): Telp is a tutor marketplace with high quality, vetted tutors, designed for busy parents that seek continuity in tutoring services through weekly lessons; Telp builds lasting relationships.
- 3D IT Medical (KSA): The medical industry is unique in the aspect that almost all services are customized for each patient. However, this means that treatments can be very expensive and are often limited to what each doctor or hospital has available. 3D printing means that pieces can be created quickly affordably, and are unique to the needs of every patient.
Join us on June 24 starting at 3 PM Beirut time to know who this year's winners will be! #ASC2020 #MITEFArab