The wait is over! We’re sharing with you the details of the upcoming two Bootcamps for both SkillUp Compete and StartUp Leap, initiatives by The Entrepreneurial Nation in partnership with MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab.
- The Bootcamp for SkillUp Compete is taking place on January 5 & 6, 2022.
- The Bootcamp for StartUp Leap is taking place on January 17 & 18, 2022.
We’ll be welcoming a range of internationally renowned trainers to present a variety of topics discussing entrepreneurship, lean methodologies and business model generation, prototyping, scaling up and monetizing, digital marketing, storytelling, and pitching.
Trainers of the Bootcamps are:
- Ozan Sonmez is a serial founder with a global focus and passion. He is an experienced angel investor, brutal startup mentor and an accelerator director with +12 years of global experience in investing and building startup programs. He is affiliated with UC Berkeley, Stanford CPD, MIT EF and other global institutions in the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Ecosystems. He has not only helped tech startup founders but also social and environmental impact founders in programs created by Endeavor, UCASTI, EBRD, Village Capital, Accelerate 2030, KAUST and Founder Institute. He is a proud #girldad and wishes to spend more time writing his book.
- Rami Deeb, an MEA Marketing Executive. Rami is a seasoned marketing professional with vast experience in the MENA region for the past 10 years. He manages Talkwalker’s digital marketing efforts for the MEA market, specifically engaging with thought leaders, events, content distribution, and cross-industry partnerships. He had previously worked at Wamda and MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab where he spearheaded all community-building initiatives and communications efforts. His background includes media studies and television broadcasting. He is naturally inquisitive and constantly looking to disrupt the status quo.
- Andre Abi Awad, a trainer and a serial entrepreneur. Using his growth and global mindset, he helps entrepreneurs bootstrap their startups and business owners scale up and plan their exit strategies. Since 2008, he has trained over 70k professionals from 53 countries. Andre is also the Founder and CEO of Digital Smarter, a company specialized in Customer Acquisition using Digital Marketing strategies, operating in Lebanon, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Jordan and Canada.
The candidates of SkillUp Compete will come out of the training having the necessary skills to jumpstart their entrepreneurial journey whereas the candidates of StartUp Leap will acquire the know-how and the tools that will help them scale up and expand their businesses in the UAE.
The training sessions of both competitions will be followed by pitching sessions where the candidates will virtually pitch in front of a panel of judges who will choose the lucky winners of both competitions.
The journey for both competitions will end with a Demo Day where the winners of the competitions will be announced and the candidates will showcase their startups and ideas to the attendees.
Register here for SkillUp Compete’s Demo Day on January 16, 2022.